Friday, June 21, 2013

I wasn't thinking mom...

Change
June21 2013




The word change brings different emotions from others. Fear from some , excitement,  pain,  joy....

Raising kids there is constant change all around you. Reciently I had a conversation with my kids about  making choices. When we think through or not there are reactions to our choices. Running into the street though she looked for cars the toddler following doesn't know how, they just follow . That could have caused a child to get hit by a car. There are other things like Doing drugs, you don't know the after affect it may have later on your life. If you "Arn't thinking" You have a one night stand and get pregnant...  She said what do you mean mom? That is how you had me. I told her well I am not sorry I had her. But by not thinking, Not doing what I knew was right, not knowing the guy, being married, It brought many other things on. Pain to me for life.... Every time she gets her heart broken by dad being late, not showing up, changing his mind, not calling, working out of town longer than expected.... My not thinking caused a chain reaction of hurts. It also brought good things Her My beautiful loving, smiley, imaginative , caring, giving daughter. So that makes the hurt harder because of how deeply I love her. I also broke God's heart and devalued myself. I tole her of a story... We know a young father with a child about 2 who won't live to see his daughter get married, maby not graduate high school . Because , he wasn't thinking and just wanted to hang out and have fun. Now it cost his health and he wakes up coughing up blood every day there is nothing they can do. Another person They left in the middle of the night because of a person NOT THINKING  became dangerous so they fled with a child in the night to be safe.  So NOT THINKING was no longer a good answer.  A person NOT THINKING that got into a brawl outside our window one night to many..... police and social services finally took the child away. But not before the child was hurt from one of the many boyfriends of mom's Not thinking when she started drinking.
Life is always changing. Parenting is not easy. It breaks your heart when you love deeply. Why because when they break so do you. When they struggle your heart goes out to them. Being a parent is one of the best things I have ever done. I ask for help daily from the Holy Spirit, and my husband Brent. I was a single mom for 10 years after divorce and now we have kids ranging from 14 to twins that are 18 Mo. Life is always changing....  So Don't be afraid to love, parent, pray, ask for help even discipline. Just remember God is always there to help. Ask your kids to forgive you! Be the example you want then to be. HUG lots, tell them your proud of them and you love them! TEACH them or someone else will.
A day in the life through change....
Kirstie

No comments:

Post a Comment