Sunday, June 23, 2013

There is Joy in having a teenager!

For any parent I am sure the thought when you first hold your little baby is not about what will happen in 13+ years.  You think about if they are eating enough, how many diapers, feedings , teething, making sure you have Tylenol, all those things. Eventually they roll over coo girgle and that's big news!

Well When you go through a divorce the reality is that the kids get hurt. My oldest was no different. She was a toddler and she had quite a few angry years. This mommy cried, prayed, I went to my mom, I went to God I cried prayed and talked. I did what the Holy Spirit told me to. There were times that others did not agree with me. I felt like I had to fight to parent my kids other times I would ask Grampy to step in and talk to them.  This year has been very Hard on Candice with how sick I have been. Scary even.  Through several big God things in her life, The support of Her dad and step mom, Brent and I She had a Victory! I am so incredibly Proud of Candice. I have spent many hours talking to her about the fear of God vs. fear of man and peer pressure, character and being a fruit inspector. Just because others don't see your victory doesn't mean it didn't happen WALK IN YOUR VICTORY ! SEEING IS BELIEVING THE FRUIT WILL BE THE PROOF! You don't need to explain Gods victory to people who don't want to hear it. My baby is turning 14 in a few weeks and taller than me, growing in grace and beauty every day. She is a big sister to 3 here and 1 at her dad's. Very loving..... Once she walked in the way most teenagers do. Today she is proud of her modesty and giving honor to God with her body, she is loving and wiling to help with a cheerful heart. She works hard and is tender towards the voice of God. Seeking Him for her life because She wants a relationship with God for herself. She is a huge blessing! Candice I sure love you , I am honored and proud to be your mommy! I get many compliments on your great character! Well done keep it going WALK IN YOUR VICTORY GIRL!

Teach a child the way they should go when they are young......

  Living Life Through Change
    Kirstie


Candice and Phoebe
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment